22 June 2009

The Affair – Chapter 1: Saying Goodbye

Rvl’s Pick:
Ashes to Ashes – Hans Zimmer



You have been a dear friend, a great teacher, a thirst quencher and a worthy adversary. There have been many a times where we’ve fought side by side and other times when we are against each other. You’ve aided me in my time of need and gave me rhythmic sensations at my dry streaks and have also made drained me of blood sweat and tears.

It is rarely I get to care for something as special as the Black Widow and even rarer when I get to say proper goodbyes. As a final send-off, I went for one final charge for the both of us, I geared up and we blasted the tarmac into the night and broke the eerie silence. Menacing everything in our path, at heart juddering speed. I pressed on as the dark horizon skews to angles which are beyond the mistress’s comfort zone, but she stays planted and soldiers on.

As I headed to the new Caretakers place, I open the throttle wide open and committed myself to do something I’ve never been able to with her, lift her claws up for a roar, the revs climbed and I flicked the clutch for a split second and as I let it go with all might I heaved….


I reached the gates, the caretaker smiles and if he can see me underneath the visors he’d know I’m smiling too. I dismounted and laid her down, giving her a good look around before giving the tank a pat, whispering “Atta girl”. I passed the new owner the keys and left, no goodbyes necessary. We understood each other.

As I drove home I recalled that split second experience, and I thought to myself “she played ball”. On to the next affair…


-Sayonara-


No comments:

Post a Comment