12 October 2009

Grey skies and colourless carebears…



Rvl’s Pick:


What the Snowman learned about love – Stars



As I slowly turn my heads towards her, a tear streamed down her cheek and slowly but surely that tiny tear turned into a modest river which she quickly brushed away with her hands.


I sat solemnly staring at the figure sitting next to me, she cupped her face and shied away from me. It was at this point I realised that my own lap was drenched, my eyes sore and I thought to myself.


“Why do you have to be cruel to be kind?”


The act of kindness shouldn’t need a second part or a first part to hamper it. It should just be. It should just be… It’s a funny thing when you end up hurting someone you care most about in your life. The kind of funny that is painful like rubbing salt on a open wound, that is.



We human beings we have way of delussioning things we don’t understand into myths and fairytales to sooth ourselves when the unexpected or unacceptable happens. But truthfully I think the reason we all lie to ourselves (and others) is to relish some comfort in an otherwise cruel and unsympathetic world.



-Sayonara-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm not crying. it's just been raining... on my face.

RVL said...

:) ... damn these open top cars

Post a Comment