16 November 2009

Mia’s the bomb!




Rvl’s Pick: Strong Again – Mia Palencia


It’s been I don’t know how long since I’ve gone canyon strafing, partly due to an “Ouch!” episode involving the Akai Onna in front of my house and partly because of this sad shit piece of depressing weather we’re having recently. I’m having trouble waking up in the mornings cause its so cold, plus I’m getting tired of cleaning out road grime from all my modes of transport, so Sun, start shining already!

Mia’s album dropped last Friday and the night was mind blowing. Mia’s performances seem to have that effect on me, but that night I think it’s also because of the booze, the songs and the lovely characters of friends that I always get to meet whenever I attend her shows. Even the irritating traffic jam on the way over was a delight, it gave The Bunneh and I some time to catch up on what has transpired in our lives. I really should make a point to hang out with the BBS girls and old boys more often. Life was simpler back then.

Anyways on to Mia’s show, if you’ve somehow fucked up and managed to miss it then you’ve missed out on an extraordinary event. That show was quite possibly the last time she’s ever gonna be performing here in the country again before moving on to a blissful wedded life in the south country. That’s right, she’s getting married and shifting out folks so to those who procrastinated in making a supportive effort I say “Time’s up and eff off!”.

Mia is the kind artist that just inspires people to make changes in their lives, a hat trick of talents that make you want to stop whatever you’re doing to try get a piece of that music life we have all once upon a time dreamt about.

She done us all proud and will be sorely missed by family, friends, and fans alike.

p.s

Do yourselves a favour and buy her albums, I promise you its worth it.


-Sayonara-

No comments:

Post a Comment