18 March 2010

The “Can’t Lose” Syndrome




Rvl’s Pick:
Empire State of Mind – Jay Z (feat. Alicia Keys)


Finally a chance for a breather and an update, I’ve been so piled up with work that a single weekend of Canyon Strafing and Fornication won’t be enough to de-stress me. Anyways that’s another story for a different time.

I don’t know what it is about the local road users and their “can’t lose” mentality. My regular mode of transportation doesn’t exactly scream “boy racer” or “import tuned” but that fact has not prevented the fact that I always get challenged at traffic light GPs and on the road commute. You see I’m not what you called a slow driver, however I am quite laidback in my own right when it come to driving. My experience has thought me a thing or two about speed, so even if you think I’m going fast, trust me when I say I am barely trying. I just believe in efficiency. It amuses me when another vehicle tailgates me all along a straight and end up 3 car paces behind in the corners. Sometime they just keep coming back for more and at most times to no avail.

But as far a driving goes, it baffles me completely whenever I get an “Invitation to race” when I’m on the Akai Onna, not by other fellow misery seekers, but by annoying snot-nosed, pimply faced Boy Racers in their tuned imports/local tin cans. How is it that they fail to understand that the machine I’m piloting has and ability to put most supercars to shame in the acceleration department, let alone a basic 1.8 litre turbo charged Korean reject?

Best part is, whenever I let them have the road, they seem to believe they’ve won the challenged and there have been many encounters whereby the said vehicle end up at the hangout spot as myself and I catch wind of their conversation about making me eat dust. On most cases I take it as a pathetic hubris attempt, some occasions I offer them a second chance to try humiliate me, to which I start speed school 101, at the finishing line they would turn up with a myriad of excuses on why they got pwned.

To the driver of the Altezza last nite…

If we were playing for slips, I would now own your ride but in any case I very much thank you very much for letting me own your girlfriend instead.

-Sayonara-

1 comment:

Ken Wooi said...

if people wanna "Race" just let them race alone la =)

Post a Comment