01 February 2010

ITS GONNA BE A LONG LAST WEEK…..



Rvl’s Pick:
Work is Play- LAZRtag Ft Dani



I’ve been quite utterly bewildered by the attitude and reaction changes by the people around me for the past few days. In the span for about a week I’ve experience “hot & cold” moments, uncalled for rudeness, unsurpassed care and kindness, total lack of interest and so on. It’s making head spin trying to think about what the hell is going on. I guess its just life and left to its own devices, the past week would soon be long forgotten. However there is one thing I wont soon forget, I shan’t be repeating that muck I did on Friday night again unless I’m on a remote island outside of this god forsaken country.


On another note, a disturbing piece of news that was brought to my attention lately brought grim reminders on how fragile life is and what a dangerous place the world we live in can be. Fellow misery-seeker, a rider of a Ducati 1098 had a close encounter with death over the weekend.

Details are still sketchy to me but apparently, the incident took place Saturday morning on the E8 (better known as Karak Expressway), heading back into the city. Rider suffers a broken hip/back and other injuries, while the bike is out of commission as far as we know. Last news from the hospital was that he is stable and still undergoing surgery. My prayer goes out to him and his family.

The E8 was never a favourite place to be for me, regardless on four or two wheels. The place just never clicked with me, the thought of cracking tarmac, unforgiving Armco barriers, twisted steel girders and sheer drops send chills down my spine every time I think of this road. This was before you added the perilous dangers from other motorist (which is what I believe to be the source of all accident here), heavy laden trucks with poor maintenance, erratic car drivers (too slow or too fast), poor judgements, diesel slicks, and scattered debris all contribute to the death toll on this particular highway. Speed is also another major factor and mind you, most of us on Sportbikes frequent the twist and turns of this road at well over 150KPH. But as much as I don’t favour this place, it is the only connecting road to several of my favourite places in the country. So for now I’m at a stalemate.

I do wish you all a safe trip during the upcoming holidays, and please be considerate to your fellow man on the roads, there are no prizes at the end of road races.


-Sayonara-

No comments:

Post a Comment