06 July 2009

The Affair – Chapter 3: Finding a Soul Mate….

Rvl’s Pick:


Standing In The Way Of Connection (The Gossip vs. Elastica) – A plus D



After receiving mixed reviews about purchasing bikes from a certain shop, I decided to try my luck and pay them a visit. As advised by friends the store did have near everything I would want and require and also with all the disadvantages of which some has mentioned.


“Instant connection” a term best describing the situation, the moment I pulled up to park there she was right outside still in cages meant to protect her from the long journey. Still confined and with bits still uninstalled I walked over and admired the design and colour. This is it, there was no need to walk around amidst the wide selection anymore. I found her and I knew I had to have her.


One week and several visits later I’ve manage to arrange a good deal on the price and payment structure and proceed to put the 1st payment to initiate the purchase. While waiting for the processes to run, frequent visits were made and more friends and tips were collected. Within a few days the 1st few mods came on, before she’d left the showroom and was even started. 1st ride was short and sweet, a get to know session was arranged because I couldn’t wait.


An unforeseen delay almost resulted in heads rolling. There is just an unwritten rule to please a customer which pays the full amount in cash, you don’t make them wait. The White Devil took personal interest in my case and handled everything post haste and within the 2 days everything was cleared up and I took her home. A few days later the next set of mods came along in the mail and was promptly installed. Mileage on her now stands at 5++km, which indicates a service and oil change. For those wondering why, this because I’m running her in following a different and controversial way. It’s worked for me before and I shouldn’t see why it won't work now.


The White Devil and White Monster agreed to take me up the hills following weekend for a virgin canyon run. I’m sure the Akai Onna won’t disappoint.



-Sayonara-





No comments:

Post a Comment