20 July 2009

I hate theme park rides….




Rvl’s Pick:

Skin Diver (Steve Aoki Keyboard Club Dub) - Duran Duran Ft Timbaland



I think the main reason I don’t really enjoy and is sometimes quite intimidated by theme park ride such as roller coasters and free fall is due to the fact that I have no control of such rides.


Theme park rides are designed to thrill the passengers and the best way to do so is by taking away their control over things and to make them believe they are at the border of safe to dangerous. Fact is roller coasters are perfectly safe.


On my daily grind to work and my weekend excursions, I reach speeds in excess of 170kph and is constantly subjected to other dangerous factors (most of them being other idiotic motorist). And yet I feel no such intimidation of fear.


I applied the same logic on my previous roller coaster ride, took front seats and pretend I was at the helm of the ballistic machine. Suffice to say it work and I felt that the ride was short and boring.


Theme parks are for kids, race tracks are for grown ups.



-sayonara-

No comments:

Post a Comment