20 August 2008

The One with The Blue Collar

RVL’s Pick:

Da Funk – Daft Punk

STFU – Mouth to Mouth RMX



A wise old friend of mine once said to me, “Do not talk down to anyone just because their younger than you, give them equal respect for they may grow up to be your boss or at the very least your son’s boss”. Well I witness this very situation occurring today at the office. Mr. T whom although was quite respected in his field of work, was quite an arrogant and rude man. I remember various conversations with him (as he was a customer at the same mechanic of which I regular) and usually more often than most, those conversation lead to him making a mockery of people’s opinion whom he figured to be too young and inexperienced.

I even remember an argument we had when I was at the shop, concerning sportcars & racing (which is my personal department by the way!) and that said argument ended with him giving me and earful of junk, thinking that he knows better. No, you twat! Go-karts don’t have traction control and A.B.S! What retarded dimension did you come from to have to come up with that? Things got plenty sour after that fine day and we haven’t met since.

Well Mr. T stopped by the office today for a meeting with the new stakeholders of the company he currently works for. Its his 1st time meeting the new owners and boy was he surprised when I entered the conference room. After we exchanged pleasantries, while waiting for the other investors, he dully asked me why I was there in the meet. I kindly asked him to look at the meeting agenda, I’m pretty sure he’d perform mental hari-kari while crapping his pants after seeing the stakeholders list and finding my name 3rd from the top.

Lesson learned…

-Sayonara-

No comments:

Post a Comment