14 August 2008

The One with The Family Tree

Hairvl’s Pick:

Coin Operated Boy (Crom & St Rmx) – Nightlife United

Control (Weird Science Rmx) – Steve Aoki

Growing up throughout my life I’ve been a terrible menace to society, I grew with very little care or regard for my surroundings and couldn’t care less on how my actions impacted others. Picture if you will Dennis the Menace and you’ll get an idea on what I was like growing up, my parents and grandparents would confirm it blindly. I have a permanent spot in my family line as the young rascal who’s always up to something. They accepted it nonetheless, I wasn’t evil or normal naughty like most kids just extremely mischievous and my pranks were somewhat ahead of its time. My dad refers it as “genius vandalism”.

I was always the favourite with my grandfather. I practically grew up half of my life with my grandparents as a socializing “kampung boy”, the other half as an introverted yet cunning city boy. Yes I climb trees and picked durian and chased lizards while other kids my age spent their time with video games, football, and going for extra classes. Recently my grandfather had his worst stroke ever, I sense his time in this world is drawing to an end. Visiting him from time to time made miss my childhood spent with him. i've already lost the other one another lifetime ago.

After the incident, his brain couldn’t remember anyone of the family but as soon as I entered the ward, he smiled and called out to me… *grins*. How could he forget his naughty little grandson? How could he forget the small boy who replaced the eggs in the entire fridge with garden snails? How could he not remember the kid whom resorted to stealing his shotgun and shooting the sky (I made blanks, don’t ask me how) to counter the neighborhood kids’ fireworks?

I grew up without much of a father figure and I know many of my friends currently can vouch the same line. I’ve looked up upon my grandfathers and uncle for guidance after my mother. They taught me life lessons. They taught me courage, endurance and patience. Everything else, I developed myself by not being commercialized. None of them would truly know how much I value and appreciate them, none of them would see this post in their lifetime. But my gratitude is second to none.

I hate f*****g lorry drivers! >.<

i swear to god if i see u again i'll put an axe through your windscreen!!

On another note,

Sorry for the delay but my visit to the island did bore some unexpected fruits. And here’s proof that this country has its gems:











It was an absolute steal, I didn’t even have to think about it.



-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment