07 August 2008

The One with Project Target 5010

Hairvl’s Pick:

Empty Streets – Kaskade

The target: 50000 barrels by 2010

The location: off the coastal shores of Labuan & Miri

The Giants: Shell & Asetanian

The Major Players: Schlumberger, Wintermar & DMSB

The Duration: 12months (+30months)

If this goes well it could spell major profit for us, a few extra pocket money for yours truly and my absence from the blogosphere, facebook and any form of telephone contact for a full 5 weeks. My required presence to be offshore is definitely a bitch, yes I am a virgin this will be my 1st run on the mighty seas which have given to us as much as it has taken.

It was a strange and hectic visit, the whole place seems like a lazy, slow & forgotten capital. Much like those strange space ports you’d see on TV with various alien cultures going about their business. The most common trade? What else? Alcohol, accompanied by nicotine sticks at amazingly affordable prices. But unlike the space ports you see on TV this place is deader than my last pair of skate shoes. Doing nothing on the site out at sea promises a more interesting venture than spending a month on land.


On another note, it’s never a good thing when you come back and the only news you seem to get is bad ones. Many of them don’t even know I’m back yet but many don’t even know I was gone. I’m not looking forward to TAG this Friday, maybe a spot of fishing and golf instead. Oh and yes some riding, that’ll make me feel better.


I’m not ready to open up. I’m not so willing to give in to the push and shove I’ve been getting. Lets not catch up or make plans, it never goes well. We’ll all meet again after a few years when I can say it to your faces that I don’t give a f***. Call this my quarter-life crisis and I f*****g love it.



The boys have truly grown up now, we came back to the scene of our crimes after nearly 3 years now and we couldn’t bring ourselves to do it again. I hate aging and knowing better, life’s more fun when it’s carefree and your absolutely clueless about things.


-End-

No comments:

Post a Comment