05 November 2008

The One with The Unpredictables

Rvl’s Pick:

DANCE (Rmx) – Justice




Weather’s not looking too good is it?


I stood alone opposite the street, waiting for the Boss to finish up her business in the bank. Headphones in my ear, EOTS’s “Walking on a dream” playing and the other hand occasionally coming to my mouth letting me inhale the white smoke into my already tempered lungs.


As time goes by, puff after puff and track after track, I was very suddenly woken from my trance of thoughts by a familiar roar. That sound… The sound that shook me to my core the last time I heard it at full pelt. I glance up and let my vision wonder trying to trace the source, the grumble grew louder... and from behind a passing car... I saw it.


Surprise No. 1, of all days, I did not expect to see a rider coming out into the weather today and definitely not here. This place hardly ever gets that kind of traffic, my kind of traffic.


Surprise No. 2, of all bikes I expected to see cruising by here, from supersports to superbikes, I would have never figured it’ll be a gut wrenching VMax. This bike rattled my bones when I was just a mere lad. Ever since then every incarnation gives me the symbol of raw power harnessed (barely).


Surprise No. 3, for such a gargantuan ride, I had expected a huge “mothafu” wrestling it but no, the petite frame and lithe figure confirmed it was a lady. A Lady? At this point, only the word “Awe” registered in my head. This was lady not to be messed with.


Surprise No. 4, at this point I contemplated on slapping myself to wake up from a very ridiculous dream. Said Lady, on her VMax is heading towards me… She cruised to a stop right behind my car, left the engine on, got off and approached me. The tinted visor gave me zero clue on who she is or what she wanted but I knew I wasn’t dreaming it. With a quick hand movement she flipped up the full-face helmet and revealed herself.


She didn’t turn out to be a twenty something hottie I’d hoped for but instead, more of a distinguish 30 something lady but lively and still carries her grace well. She needed directions and I promptly gave them out and just as she turn away, I said: “We should ride”. She turn back, gave me a glance over and ask: “You ride?”


From then on, we made introductions, exchange handshakes, business cards, pleasantries and made plans to make plans. I’m looking forward to trying to keep up to her Vmax and her hubby’s ZX-14R.


This was a good day. Nice to meet you Madam F



-Sayonara-



No comments:

Post a Comment